Good health is a prerequisite for national development. In our quest for the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals , health and education are fundamental. Our institute creates a unique opportunity to improve both the education and health status of learners throughout the year. The School Health Programme under AYUSHMAN BHARAT is a joint collaborative programme between the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and Ministry of Human Resource & Development. This initiative is targeting both Education and Health implementers and is envisaged to facilitate an integrated approach to health programming and more effective learning at the school level.
Thus, AICTE, SCTE&VT Odisha, Ministry of Human Resource Development and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is proposing a joint initiative to improve the health of school children under AYUSHMAN BHARAT. Two lectures in our institute will be declared as “Health and Wellness Ambassadors” preferably one male and one female and who will transact monthly health promotion and disease prevention information in the form of interactive activities.
- To provide age appropriate information about health and nutrition to the students in institute.
- To promote healthy behaviors among the students that they will inculcate for life.
- To detect and treat diseases early in children and adolescents including identification of malnourished and anemic children with appropriate referrals to PHCs and hospitals.
- To promote use of safe drinking water in campus.
- To promote safe menstrual hygiene practices by girls
- To promote yoga and meditation through Health & Wellness Ambassadors.
- To encourage research on health, wellness and nutrition for children
Services provide under Healthcare:
- we provide Age appropriate incremental learning for promotion of healthy behavior and prevention of various diseases.
- we Delivered healthcare through Health and Wellness Ambassadors in our institute by Health Promotion Activities.
- The screening of children for 30 identified health conditions for early detection, free treatment and management through dedicated RBSK mobile health teams.
- Provision of IFA and Albendazole tablets by Health and Wellness Ambassadors through WIFS and NDD programme respectively.
- Provision of sanitary napkins.
- we arranged Age appropriate vaccination Services.
- we stored Electronic health record for each student .
- Training of teachers & students on basic first aid Imparting skills of emergency care.